Just in time for summer break, we’re sharing our Spanish Tip of the Week – PLAYDOUGH
Hay muchísimos beneficios para el desarrollo del niño cuando están usando Plastilina. Aquí compartimos algunos de ellos: There are many benefits for your child’s development when they’re using PLAYDOUGH.
Here we’re sharing just some of them:
- It helps to gain control over hand and arm movements which improves coordination
- Modeling and using cutters & rollers is great for muscle development
- Play dough is a natural outlet through which children can express their emotions
- Cooperative play and dramatic play can be seen when children use play dough
- Discussing what has been made helps build communication skills and develops imagination
- Dividing it up can be used to help children learn about numbers and counting
- Playing with dough with others helps children understand the importance of sharing
- Receiving praise and compliments for their “creation” helps children develop their self-esteem and confidence
- Play dough can be used as therapy for special-needs children
Aquí están algunas de nuestras recetas favoritas! Here are some of our favorite recipes! Be sure to store it in an AIR TIGHT container or plastic bag!
Traditional Play Dough
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 cup salt
- food coloring
- Mix all ingredients, adding food coloring last. Stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from pan and knead until blended smooth. Place in plastic bag or airtight container when cooled. Will last for a long time.
Kool-Aid® Play Dough
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package unsweetened Kool-Aid
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar and Kool-Aid® in a medium pot. Add water and oil. Stir over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes. When mixture forms a ball in pot, remove. Knead until smooth. Put in a plastic bag and refrigerate.
Bouncy Play Dough
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup cornstarch
- Place ingredients in bowl and mix with a fork. Place mixture in saucepan and bring to boiling on medium heat. Cook stirring constantly with a spoon until thick. Let cool.
Sean creativas con los materiales que les proveen con la plastilina! Be creative with the materials that you provide them to use with the Playdough!
- birthday candles
- bottle caps
- milk jug caps
- cookie cutters
- garlic press
- large buttons
- plastic knives, spoons, forks
- plastic toy people and animals
- rolling pin or bottle
- tea strainer
- string or shoelacesSpanish phrases to use when working with Playdough:
- Describe what the child is doing: Estás mesclando los colores. Veo que has hecho un dinosaurio. Estás jugando con plastilina amarilla.
- Describe what you are doing: Estoy pinchando la plastilina. La corto con un cuchillo. Me gusta la plastilina morada.